Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I know the answer....

Has anyone ever asked you annoying, open ended questions like, "what's your favorite..." and then they go on to list things like movie, color, event, day, moment etc...Maybe it is me but I can't answer questions like that...at least I couldn't until Saturday...when I had my favorite moment...

This moment involved Sara, the woman that I'm so incredibly in love with. The woman that I still can't believe is real. The woman that I'm going to marry next year and spend the rest of my life with.

It goes like this...

Sara said she was taking me on a date. Location of date unknown to me. All I know is it is North (we were on 93 N for like 6 minutes) and we need to bring beer. Hmmmm. Once we get past Gloucester (a place in which we have a special relationship with) I know we must be going to Rockport because I believe that's where the world in the land sense kinda ends.

Sure enough the date is in Rockport. What I next come to find out is that it is on a private sailboat. Just us and Captain Glenn. The day should have been rainy and cloudy but turned out to be perfect...in every sense of the word. See below comments from Captain Glenn.

About 1/3 of the way into our lovely adventure we head to the bow of the boat for some privacy. Mind you all we can hear at this moment is the whistling of the wind in the sails, the seagulls chanting and the sound of beautiful Irish music being played on the boat's speakers. Sara then hands me a homeade book capturing the last 10 months of memories we have made together...she so eloquently points out the highlights of our journey so far. Once I'm done with the book and before I could reach under my sunglasses to wipe away my tears...she pulls a ring out of her pocket and asks me to marry her...

Amidst another round of tears...I said not yes but...of course. Of course I will marry you.

So there is my moment...my answer.

No comments: